LBB Ltd (Little Black Book)’s Terms & Conditions are as riveting a bit of writing as you’ll find anywhere. Enjoy.
Membership Terms and Conditions
• These terms and conditions apply to Bronze, Silver, Platinum and Gold memberships on LBB. For general usage T&Cs, please see below.
• Your membership is managed by LBB Ltd, company registration number 05226540 (England) at registered address 33 Queen Street, Coggeshall, Essex CO6 1UF.
• Your membership will be on these terms (in conjunction with any special terms specified on your invoice) to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions, including any that you may specify when placing, renewing or paying for a membership. LBB Ltd may vary these terms at any time.
• Unless otherwise agreed, your membership will not begin until we have received payment in full cleared funds for your membership term.
• Prices on the rate card are subject to change. For current prices, please contact us on admin@LBBOnline.com. All prices are subject to the application of VAT within the UK. Membership terms are - unless otherwise stated on your invoice - for a full year.
• Prices are quoted in UK Sterling. We can accept payment by credit or debit card via STRIPE, with a link supplied on your invoice, or by BACS transfer, Paypal, cheque or cash. All credit and debit card transactions are taken in UK Sterling. All bank transfers must be processed in UK Sterling.
• You may not cancel your membership before the end of your subscription term and LBB will not issue a refund.
• At the end of your membership term, you will receive an auto-renewal notice to the email address used when registering the membership. We will endeavour to contact you towards the end of your membership term to remind you to renew your membership.
• All rights to the content of LBBOnline.com, including, but not limited to, images, copy, sound, software (including code and website structure), video, design and events are owned by LBB Ltd. You may only use the content for your own requirements in the day to day running of your business. You may share web links from LBB Ltd’s web sites freely.
• We do our best to ensure that all information contained on LBBOnline is accurate and up-to-date at the time of publication, but all warranties, conditions and terms implied by statute or common law are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. LBB Ltd is not liable for death or personal injury caused by negligence or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
• Each username and password to LBBOnline.com is for a single user. A user will receive a user name and password in order to access the personalised information on the site. Each company membership can have multiple single users assigned as admins on the membership. Please contact LBB to add additional users to your company page.
• We shall not be liable for any loss of profits, loss of business, loss of goodwill or pure economic loss, or for any special, indirect or consequential losses, costs, damages or expenses however arising. Our total liability arising in connection with the performance of these terms shall be limited to the price paid for your subscription during the 12 months preceding the date on which the claim arose.
• We use any personal and transactional information (e.g. name, address, e-mail address, debit or credit card details) you supply to us in order to fulfil your subscription, and to contact you to renew your subscription. LBB Ltd does not store credit or debit card details and all payments are processed by third parties.
• You may not assign, sub-license, sub-contract or otherwise transfer to any third party (including any group company) your rights and/or obligations under these terms. We may assign, sub-license, sub-contract or transfer our rights to any third party at any time.
• We may terminate your subscription immediately without a refund if you breach any of these terms. Failure by us to enforce any provision of these terms shall not be deemed to be a waiver of our right to do so.
• No changes to invoice details can be made after the order has been processed if we were not informed of the changes at the time of the order being placed.
• These terms shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England.
The website LBBOnline.com and its subsidiaries ("the Website") is operated by LBB Ltd (“LBB”) registered with company number 05226540 (England) whose registered address at 33 Queen Street, Coggeshall, Essex CO6 1UF.
Please read these Terms & Conditions carefully before using the Website. By accessing any part of the Website, you shall be deemed to have accepted these Terms & Conditions in full, regardless of whether or not you choose to register or login as a member/subscriber on the Website. If you do not accept these Terms & Conditions, you must leave the Website immediately.
LBB may revise these Terms & Conditions at any time by posting an update on the Website. Your continued use of the Website after any such change constitutes your acceptance of the new Terms & Conditions and they shall be binding. These Terms & Conditions were updated in January 2018.
LBB will endeavour to make the Website available 24 hours a day but it shall not be liable if for any reason the Website is unavailable for any period. Access to the Website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance, updates or repair or for any other reasonable cause.
LBB endeavours to ensure that information on the Website and any related material provided to you by LBB, whether by email or otherwise is accurate and complete. This information is provided only for general information and does not constitute any form of advice or recommendation by LBB. You acknowledge that the content found on LBB should not be relied upon by you in making (or refraining from making) any specific investment or other business or personal decisions and acknowledge that professional advice should be obtained before making any such decision. Finally, you acknowledge that some of the content may be supplied by third parties and the accuracy and completeness of it will not have been checked by LBB.
LBB will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website and its content do not contain or spread any viruses or malicious code. It is recommended that you virus check all such materials and regularly check for the presence of viruses and other malicious code.
3. Use of Website Content
All intellectual property rights to the content of LBBOnline are reserved by LBB Ltd. You agree that in using the content displayed on LBBOnline you shall (except if agreed in writing with LBB), refrain from downloading and storing information contained on the web site or copying it. You must not disseminate any material which is or may infringe the rights (including intellectual property rights) of any third party or be unlawful, threatening, defamatory, obscene, indecent, offensive, pornographic, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, menacing, scandalous, inflammatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy, which may cause annoyance, inconvenience or offence or may restrict or inhibit the use of the Website by any person or which constitutes or encourages conduct that may be considered a criminal offence or give rise to civil liability in any country in the world. You may not disseminate any material which does or may bring LBB or any of its brands or subsidiaries into dispute or in any way damage their reputation. You must not disseminate any material that may interrupt, damage, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment, including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data. You may not post links that take users to material that contravenes any of the above restrictions. Additional terms may apply to any purchases you make through the Website; registration to the Website and/or any other email alert or other related services; and any promotion, competition or draw appearing on the Website.
4. Data Security
To guard against unauthorised access, we have in place commercially reasonable technical and other controls to help protect the information. Please note that no method of transmission over the Internet or of electronic storage is 100% secure and, therefore, LBB cannot guarantee security.
5. Registration, or creating a Login
To access certain parts of the Website, LBB may require you to register and provide certain information about yourself. Such registration shall be subject to specific terms of registration. When you register you agree to provide accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the relevant registration form and contact LBB should you wish to update your Registration Data.
When you register on the Website, you will be allocated a user name and password. These account details must be used solely by you; sharing your user name and password with any other person or making it available to multiple users on a network is prohibited. You also agree to maintain the security of your user name and password and be fully responsible for all use of the Website made using your user name and password. You should notify LBB immediately if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your user name and password or any other breach of security by contacting admin@LBBOnline.com. Please ensure that you exit from your website account at the end of each session. LBB cannot and will not be liable for any losses, damages or costs arising from your failure to comply with these requirements.
6. Trade Marks
All LBB trade marks (registered or unregistered) and logos, designs, page headers and web site buttons are the property of LBB. These may not be used without written consent from LBB other than when referring to LBB in good faith.
7. Privacy and Cookies Policy
Please consult LBB's Privacy and Cookies Policy available as a link on this Website.
In order to fulfil our obligations to member companies and provide the service paid for, it is necessary to store and process personal data of member company employees – name, job title and email address. This is done in compliance with GDPR and on the basis of Legitimate Interest and Contract.
8. Limitation of LBB's Liability
LBB will not be liable to you for any loss or damage caused by LBB or its employees or sub-contractors including in the following circumstances:
• there is no breach of a legal duty of care owed to you by LBB (or its employees or sub-contractors); or
• such loss or damage is not a reasonably foreseeable result of any such breach; or
• in respect of any increase in the loss or damage resulting from your actions.
Nothing in these Terms & Conditions shall exclude or limit LBB's liability for death or personal injury caused by the negligence of LBB and/or its employees negligence or fraudulent misrepresentation by LBB and/or its employees.
LBB’s products are not intended for use by children, especially those under age 13. LBB does not knowingly collect or store any personal information about children under the age of
10. Non-UK Users
LBB’s products are operated in England. If you are located outside of England, please be aware that any information you provided to us will be transferred to the England. By using LBB's Products, participating in any of our services and/or providing us with your information, you consent to this transfer.
You may change/correct your preferences or personal information at any time online via the login facility at the Website. You may also contact us at admin@LBBOnline.com. We retain the right to contact a subscriber or registered user regarding account status, orders for products or services, changes to the registration agreement or to enforce our subscription agreement. We will remove any registrant (and their personal information) from our database pursuant to a request from the registrant. You may not be able to fully access LBB’s products or events if you request removal of your personal information.
12. Use of Software
Copyright to any software that is made available for download via the Website belongs to the supplier of that software. Your use of the software is governed by the terms of any licence agreement that may accompany or be included with it. Do not install or use any software unless you agree to such licence agreement.
13. Links to and from other websites
Links on the Website to third party websites are provided solely for your convenience. If you use these links, you are effectively leaving LBB’s web site and all the terms and conditions that govern it. LBB has not reviewed these third-party websites and does not control and is not responsible for these websites or their content or availability. LBB therefore does not endorse or make any representations about them, or any material found on them, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third-party websites linked to the Website, you do so entirely at your own risk.
You may link to any page of the Website but strictly only on the basis that you do not replicate the home page of the Website, and you do not in any way imply any endorsement by LBB or misrepresent your relationship with LBB.
You are not permitted to use any logos or trademarks displayed on the Website without the express written permission of LBB and you are not permitted to link from a website that is not owned by you or if your website contains content that is distasteful, offensive or controversial, that infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or otherwise does not comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
14. User Generated Content
Sections of the Website may allow you to post or submit comments, reviews, ideas, and companies with LBB memberships can upload creative content (“User Content”) in the form of news, work, events, jobs and contact details for use on the Website. This is for the posting of lawful, relevant, fair and appropriate information, opinions and comment. Registered users may also access and remove User Content. Use of the Website that is inconsistent with those stated purposes is strictly prohibited. By submitting any content to the Website, you grant LBB Ltd the right to use such content for any purposes including, without limitation, to edit, copy, reproduce, translate, disclose, post and/or remove such content from the Website and hereby waive all of the moral rights that you have under Chapter IV of the Copyright, Design and Patents Act 1988 in respect of any material you post to the Website. By posting User Content, you warrant to LBB Ltd that all such content complies with the provisions of Clause 3, above. You also acknowledge that LBB Ltd may require you to confirm the above rights and warranties and agree to do so within 7 days of any request from LBB Ltd.
LBB Ltd reserves the right to refuse or remove any content that is posted to, or available on, the Website without the need to give any reasons for doing so. However, LBB will not review the materials that you or anyone else makes to the Website and therefore, unless we are specifically notified of the nature of any item of content, you cannot assume that LBB is aware of it. If you object to the publication of any material placed on the Website please contact LBB using the newsdesk@LBBOnline.com email address and we will review the situation.
You agree to not post material that: contains vulgar, profane, abusive or hateful language, inflammatory attacks of a personal, racial or religious nature, or expressions of bigotry, racism, discrimination or hate;
is defamatory, threatening, false, misleading, fraudulent, unfair, contains gross exaggeration or unsubstantiated claims, or violates the privacy rights of any third party; violates any laws, rules, regulations or ordinances, or attempts to encourage such an evasion or violation; unfairly interferes with the uninterrupted use and enjoyment of the Website; advertises or offers to trade any goods or services, except in areas specifically designated for such purpose; includes copyrighted or other proprietary material of any kind without the express permission of the owner of that material; or contains or transmits viruses or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files.
Posting of User Content does not influence LBB’s news coverage but LBB editors may comment on, post or highlight notable or interesting User Content and LBB reserves its fair use rights under applicable copyright laws to use User Content in LBB’s news reporting operations.
LBB accepts no responsibility for any statements, material or other submissions placed on the Website by users.
15. Promotion and Competition Rules
These rules may run in conjunction with rules specific to each promotion or competition. By entering a Promotion or Competition, you agree to be bound by the Rules and to use of your personal information in accordance with LBB's Privacy and Cookies Policy available as a link on this Website.
All entrants to a Promotion or competition must be at least 16 years of age at the date of entry and comply with any further age and/or other eligibility requirements set out in the Rules. Proof of age may be required before a prize-winner can claim a prize. The eligibility of any entrant is at the sole discretion of LBB. Employees and agents of LBB and its associated companies (including the families of such employees and agents) are not eligible to enter Promotions or Competitions. Only one entry per person and per household is permitted.
All entries must be made in accordance with the Rules and must be received by LBB by the closing date. Entries made otherwise shall be invalid. LBB accepts no responsibility or liability for any lost, damaged or incomplete entries and all such entries will be deemed invalid. Proof of despatch is not proof of entry.
All means of entering any Promotions or Competitions will be set out in the Additional Rules for that specific Promotion or Competition.
Unless the Additional Rules specify otherwise, entries shall not be returned to entrants.
LBB reserves the right at its sole discretion to (without prior notice) cancel the Promotion or Competition and/or substitute the prize(s) for another prize of equal value.
Prizes are non-transferable, non-negotiable and no cash alternatives will be offered.
LBB will not be liable if a prize does not reach a prize-winner for any reason outside the control of LBB or if a prize is damaged during delivery.
By entering any Promotions or Competitions run by LBB, the prize-winner(s) agree to take part in any promotional activity requested by LBB and consent to his/her name, company, entry and photograph being published for the purposes of the Promotion and promoting the Website and/or LBB and its businesses.
Where relevant, all taxes, insurances, transfers, spending money and other expenses (including meals or personal expenses upgrades etc) are, unless otherwise specifically stated, the sole responsibility of the prize-winner.
Other than for death or personal injury arising from the negligence of LBB, LBB hereby excludes (so far as is permitted by law) all liability for any loss, damage, cost and expense, whether direct or indirect, howsoever caused in connection with the Promotion or any aspect of the prize.
16. Suspension of access to the Website and User Indemnities
If, for any reason, LBB believes that you have not complied with any of these Terms & Conditions it may cancel your access to the registration sections of the Website immediately and without giving you any advance notice. You agree to compensate LBB in respect of any claims, losses, expenses and/or liabilities (including legal fees) which arise from your use of the Website (or by a third party using your user name and password) including in particular any statements, contributions or other content posted on the Website or any breach of Clause 3.
In the event that any portion of these Terms & Conditions is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of these Terms & Conditions shall remain valid and enforceable. These Terms & Conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction.