Creative Standouts: Wunderman Thompson Presents Latam’s Best Cases for Cannes Lions
Daniel Minaker and Sebastián Tarazaga, chief creative officers for Wunderman Thompson LATAM, show their region’s top 10 leading projects with great potential for Cannes Lions 2020/2021.
“We are proud of the creative and quality level of the campaigns we have presented as a region. They are inspiring cases that really contribute to business and people’s lives”, claims Sebastián Tarazaga, who will be representing Latam in Cannes this year as a jury for Audio & Radio.
After waiting for a year to participate in the advertising industry’s most important festival, we finally know which are Wunderman Thompson LATAM’s leading campaigns that could stand out in Cannes Lions.
- Degree Inclusive, much more than a campaign. Product development of the first inclusive deodorant for disabled people. It was created by Wunderman Thompson Argentina in a process that lasted more than two years.
- Here to stay. This innovative Avon campaign was created by Wunderman Thompson Brazil’s team. An idea for a lipstick that blends a torture test, a purpose campaign and the hacking of the sponsorship for Women's World Cup, among others.
- Genocide Targets. This campaign, which was also developed by São Paulo’s office, aimed at unveiling alarming data about black people in Brazil. An idea that connects data, design and purpose.
- Waterlight. The revolutionary device that turns salt water into electricity is, undoubtedly, one of the company’s favorite cases. It was developed by Wunderman Thompson Colombia’s team together with Edina, a local start-up.
- Through your eyes was a campaign launched in 2020 for Sony and Incucai. It has obtained Grand Prixs in several festivals. It is a unique mobile experience that seeks to inspire donations for cornea transplants. It was developed by Wunderman Thompson Argentina’s creative team and it has become a turning point for the local industry.
- WWF Nature is an idea crafted by Wunderman Thompson Chile. It is an emergency call that aims at raising awareness and showing the impact of wildfires and deforestation of biodiversity.
- Equality Bank. Every year we are looking forward to Wunderman Thompson’s Peru’s gender equality campaigns. This one, made for Scotiabank, is one of the most outstanding because they transformed the bank’s loyalty program into an initiative that closes the gender pay gap among those who get their salary through the bank. Brilliant.
- Inertia City, made by Wunderman Thompson Brazil’s team. This short film made for Google and Tribeca Film aims at raising awareness regarding the UN’s global goals for sustainable cities.
- Palindromes is a graphic campaign made by Wunderman Thompson Mexico for RIOPAN, an acid reflux and heartburn medicine for those foods that like to make a reappearance.
- MAC Cosmetics has launched its first ecommerce store together with Wunderman Thompson Argentina. As in every opening, there was a big party. This time, it was a big digital event on Instagram that was attended by celebrities, music bands and influencers. The peculiarity was that, in every scene of the party, users could get to know the protagonist’s make-up and buy them with just one click. An idea that perfectly blends Entertainment & E-commerce. Performance & Awareness.
“These are just some of Latam’s most relevant projects. Luckily, there are many brilliant campaigns that haven’t made it to this list. There are more than 50 different projects that will be submitted this year, and almost all the offices of our region are participating. We are also submitting projects for almost all Cannes categories, which shows how diverse the network’s value proposal is. This fills us up with pride and it couldn’t have been made without the passion of the teams behind each campaign in such a difficult pandemic year”, concluded Daniel Minaker, CCO for Wunderman Thompson LATAM.