ENVY Launches Collaboration Platform ENVY REMOTE
ENVY is breaking new ground by enabling content creators and editors who Post at ENVY to collaborate seamlessly wherever they are with the launch of ENVY REMOTE, a brand new platform designed by ENVY to bring Production, Editing On-Site and Editing Remotely together, offered through web and mobile apps and going live this month.
This bespoke service provides collaboration end to end by bringing everyone working on a project together in one place, giving clients the complete post production experience wherever they are. This enables a more efficient production workflow environment and allows the teams that create the content to easily share information. If you are an Editor or a Producer and want the flexibility of being in a post production facility some days and working remotely on others, then ENVY REMOTE is the perfect solution. You don’t have to worry about communication between distributed teams as it’s all available on the REMOTE platform.
ENVY REMOTE offers clients secure and easy access to a whole host of services all under one login:
- REMOTE Edit service, provides editors direct dual screen access to their edit suite. They can access the same shared project as the rest of the team, with the Producer also seeing the same screens in real-time, for a true over-the-shoulder experience.
- Plus the Files service, uses Signiant to give the team secure access to their Client Store, allowing them to upload music, voice-over and other files directly to the edits.
- Tasks service, is a full task management platform. Clients can add categories and tasks, then assign them to any team member. Team members get notified on the ENVY REMOTE mobile app and progress can be tracked throughout.
- The Notes function, allows the whole team to see all edit and production notes in one place, including attachments. From edit guidelines to filming and production notes, everyone on the team can stay in the know.
- Discussions and Live Chat, allows everyone on the project to start fixed discussions on any topic, or ad-hoc live chats with individuals, all from the web and mobile.
- The shared project Calendar, makes sure everyone on the project stays up to date with project milestones, shoots, viewings and events.
- The Frame.io integration provides access to all Frame.io links from within the platform. Clients never have to hunt through their emails again and editors can quickly import any comments directly into Avid.
- The Storyboards feature, replicates the wall of sticky notes that would usually be in the suite.
- Users can create a Storyboard, add notes, change the order, text, colour and get organised.
- You don’t have to go far to get access to a dedicated team either. Working at ENVY or remotely should be no different and support is offered by phone, email, live chat and WhatsApp.
ENVY REMOTE provides collaboration end to end, bringing everyone on the team together. This unique platform will be available to all ENVY’s clients, allowing everyone on a project to get the benefits wherever they are. This is only the beginning, we have much more planned.
Dave Cadle, CEO ENVY: ‘ENVY REMOTE is a unique platform which will extend our services to our clients. Working remotely is here to stay and this period has given us the idea of creating something truly progressive for Production teams and editors by enhancing the collaborative process regardless if you are working at ENVY or working from home. Flexibility and adaptability is the key and this platform will do just that. This is an industry leading platform.’
Daniel Sassen, CTO ENVY: ‘I believe ENVY REMOTE takes cloud editing to a whole new level. It was a huge challenge integrating so many different systems with a mixture of public and private cloud technologies. As well as the ENVY REMOTE front-end, we have built a whole backend-end orchestration portal to manage it. We are just getting started, there are many more additions to ENVY REMOTE launching in the coming months.’
Jai Cave, technical operations director: ‘Through ENVY REMOTE we are offering our clients edits on site, edits remote and crucially a mixture of the two. Up to this point the industry focus has been, either have your project completely local, or completely remote through a data centre. The reality is that our clients need a hybrid solution that allows them to have some edits locally, some remote and others splitting their week between the facility and home. We recognise communication can be harder with distributed teams and this is something we were keen to solve. This is why ENVY REMOTE offers a whole suite of production, planning and communication tools to bring everyone closer together wherever you are.’
Launching in November 2020, on the web, the App Store and Google Play.