Publicis Groupe UK Puts Family at the Centre with Series of New Policies for Its Employees
Publicis Groupe UK today announced a raft of family-friendly policies for employees covering maternity, paternity, shared parental leave, adoption, surrogacy, pregnancy loss and fertility.
From 1 September 2021, the following policies will be in place across Publicis Groupe UK:
- Pregnancy / Maternity Leave: 26 weeks full pay
- Adoption leave: 26 weeks full pay
- Surrogacy leave: 26 weeks full pay
- Shared Parental Leave: 26 weeks full pay
- A phased ‘return to work’ policy meaning employees can take a gradual approach to their return during the first month back on full pay
- Paternity / Second Parent Leave: four weeks full pay
- Fertility policy: up to 10 days paid leave for anyone going through fertility treatment and up to 10 days paid leave for a supporting partner
- Pregnancy loss: up to four weeks paid leave for anyone experiencing pregnancy loss, up to 10 days paid leave for the partner affected, and two days’ leave for an employee supporting a family member experiencing pregnancy loss
The introduction of the family-friendly policies will be supported by a training and education programme designed for employees and managers. These policies are the latest in a line of Publicis Groupe UK initiatives designed to support employees, and ensure that people can progress, irrespective of their background or circumstances. The details will be available to employees, and to candidates during the recruitment process.
Earlier this year, Publicis Groupe UK introduced a menopause policy, and training to educate employees and raise awareness on the subject, which is often taboo.
In January 2021, the company introduced the Publicis Groupe UK Behavioural Charter outlining the inclusive behaviours expected of all employees.
In 2019, the company introduced a flexible working policy and its ‘Headline’ programme, which provides employees with access to a range of mental wellbeing resources and support, and crucially enables and encourages people to speak up about any challenges they’re facing.
Later this year, Publicis Groupe UK will build on this work by introducing policies in support of disability and trans inclusion.
The policies and initiatives are aligned with the global Publicis Groupe commitment to its ‘Viva La Difference’ mantra, which is at the heart of the business.
Annette King, CEO, Publicis Groupe UK, said: “As we emerge from the pandemic, business has a responsibility to build back better. I’m committed to creating a working environment where everyone can thrive wherever they come from, and whatever they’re going through. The introduction of these new family friendly policies is the next step on that journey.”
Paula Cunnington, Chief Talent Officer, Publicis Groupe UK, said: “Navigating the challenges of family life while building a career can be difficult, and this tends to impact some groups more than others. We want to ensure that whether someone is a solo parent, adopting a child, undergoing the challenging process of IVF or supporting a partner, they can continue to grow and progress their career within our business. We know these are the things that matter to our employees.”
In May 2021, Publicis Groupe UK outlined its equity, diversity and inclusion strategy to build a consciously inclusive culture that actively welcomes and values difference, and where diversity and inclusion is a business objective as well as a moral imperative.
The strategy set out four focus areas for 2021, all viewed through an intersectional lens:
- Gender parity
- Race equity and becoming an actively anti-racist organisation
- Disability inclusion
- LGBTQ inclusion